Clinic Changes/ Cancellations
IMPORTANT NOTICE - 21/06/2019 We are experiencing IT issues across many of our sites therefore there may be delays. Please call ahead to the clinic you want to attend for any queries.
Advanced Notice of Change of ClinicLocation: Urmston Clinic: Tuesday Evenings 16:00 - 18:00 Date: Starting Tuesday 2nd July 2019 This clinic will be changed to a booked appointment only for testing without symptoms and Contraception patients. Appointments will be released 1 week in advance To make an appointment you will need to call the Urmston Clinic direct: 0161 749 1160.
Alcohol & Drugs
Sex and alcohol and/or drugs can be a dangerous combination.
These are some of the dangers if you have sex while drunk or under the influence of drugs:
- Unaware of someone spiking your drink
- Forget to use a condom
- Not realise if someone is wearing a condom or if it breaks or slips off
- If you use another form of contraception, e.g. the pill, you may forget to take it
- Both alcohol and drugs can lower your inhibitions, which might make you more likely to do something you don’t really want to
- You may lose self-control, which could put you in a position where you may be more susceptible to sexual assault, including rape
- Have sexual activity that hurts you (you may be less sensitive to pain when drunk or high)
- Have sex with someone you wouldn’t usually choose to be with
- Inject drugs with a used needle, risking HIV infection and other blood-borne viruses