Stockport: Choices Centre will be closed Wednesday morning 27/2/19 due to staff training. Please see website for further information. Thank you CLINIC CLOSURE TODAY Harpurhey Clinic (for Under 25s) will be closed this evening, 21st February 2019, 3.30pm- 6.30pm. Please see Our Clinics page for your nearest alternative clinic. We apologise for any inconvenience. From Monday 3rd December 2018, Cheetham Hill will be BOOKED APPOINTMENTS ONLY on Thursday afternoons and evenings. Please refer to the Our Clinics page for opening times or call 0161 202 8795 for advice/ bookings for Thursday sessions. All other sessions remain walk in.
Alcohol & Drugs
Sex and alcohol and/or drugs can be a dangerous combination.
These are some of the dangers if you have sex while drunk or under the influence of drugs:
- Unaware of someone spiking your drink
- Forget to use a condom
- Not realise if someone is wearing a condom or if it breaks or slips off
- If you use another form of contraception, e.g. the pill, you may forget to take it
- Both alcohol and drugs can lower your inhibitions, which might make you more likely to do something you don’t really want to
- You may lose self-control, which could put you in a position where you may be more susceptible to sexual assault, including rape
- Have sexual activity that hurts you (you may be less sensitive to pain when drunk or high)
- Have sex with someone you wouldn’t usually choose to be with
- Inject drugs with a used needle, risking HIV infection and other blood-borne viruses