Clinic Changes/ Cancellations
IMPORTANT NOTICE - 21/06/2019 We are experiencing IT issues across many of our sites therefore there may be delays. Please call ahead to the clinic you want to attend for any queries.
Advanced Notice of Change of ClinicLocation: Urmston Clinic: Tuesday Evenings 16:00 - 18:00 Date: Starting Tuesday 2nd July 2019 This clinic will be changed to a booked appointment only for testing without symptoms and Contraception patients. Appointments will be released 1 week in advance To make an appointment you will need to call the Urmston Clinic direct: 0161 749 1160.
What is ChemSex?
ChemSex involves the use of one or more of the following drugs:
- Methamphetamine (Meth, Crystal Meth, Tina)
- Mephedrone (M-CAT, Meow Meow)
- GHB (G, Gina)
Mixing these with other recreational drugs and alcohol can be dangerous.
What are the risks?
- Some side effects of drugs used during chemsex can be severe such as:
- Hallucinations and delusional thinking
- Loss of consciousness
Additional problems of using chems during sex:
- Not being able to consent to sex
- Not being able to practise safer sex
- Infection with blood-borne viruses such as HIV
- Infection with sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhoea
Our clinic offers:
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Screening for blood-borne viruses, including HIV and hepatitis
- Drug intervention work and counselling
- Psychological support
- Peer support
- Harm reduction packs
Hathersage Centre, 280 Upper Brook Street, Manchester M13 0FH
Telephone: 0161 276 5204
Walk in or make an appointment
Open every Wednesday 3.30pm – 6pm