Important Notice: Stockport Choices/Central Youth clinic CLOSED due to staff training Wednesday 19th December 2018 - 12.30 - 14.30. From Monday 3rd December 2018, Cheetham Hill will be BOOKED APPOINTMENTS ONLY on Thursday afternoons and evenings. Please refer to the 'Our Clinics' page for opening times or call 0161 202 8795 for advice/ bookings for Thursday sessions. All other sessions remain walk in. Clinic closures: Tuesday 18th December - all sites city wide are closed between 8am and 12pm. Hathersage, Forum, Cheetham and Withington will commence the afternoon walk in from 1pm. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please see our Notice Board for Christmas Opening Times for 2018. We are not running evening sessions, city wide, on Monday 24th December 2018 or Monday 31st December 2018. Thank you.
What is ChemSex?
ChemSex involves the use of one or more of the following drugs:
- Methamphetamine (Meth, Crystal Meth, Tina)
- Mephedrone (M-CAT, Meow Meow)
- GHB (G, Gina)
Mixing these with other recreational drugs and alcohol can be dangerous.
What are the risks?
- Some side effects of drugs used during chemsex can be severe such as:
- Hallucinations and delusional thinking
- Loss of consciousness
Additional problems of using chems during sex:
- Not being able to consent to sex
- Not being able to practise safer sex
- Infection with blood-borne viruses such as HIV
- Infection with sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhoea
Our clinic offers:
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Screening for blood-borne viruses, including HIV and hepatitis
- Drug intervention work and counselling
- Psychological support
- Peer support
- Harm reduction packs
Hathersage Centre, Upper Brook Street, Manchester M13 0FH
Telephone: 0161 276 5204
Walk in or make an appointment
Open every Wednesday 3.30 – 6pm