Stockport: Choices Centre will be closed Wednesday morning 27/2/19 due to staff training. Please see website for further information. Thank you CLINIC CLOSURE TODAY Harpurhey Clinic (for Under 25s) will be closed this evening, 21st February 2019, 3.30pm- 6.30pm. Please see Our Clinics page for your nearest alternative clinic. We apologise for any inconvenience. From Monday 3rd December 2018, Cheetham Hill will be BOOKED APPOINTMENTS ONLY on Thursday afternoons and evenings. Please refer to the Our Clinics page for opening times or call 0161 202 8795 for advice/ bookings for Thursday sessions. All other sessions remain walk in.
How to access the service
We are primarily a walk-in service, but we do also offer appointments for non-urgent concerns and for those without symptoms, and for some contraceptive procedures.
Our services are open to all ages. Most are ‘open access’, meaning you can refer yourself, or your GP can refer you. Please check the opening time for each clinic location for details of services and how to access them.
At present we have a central booking telephone number for all enquiries and booking of appointments. The line is open Mondays to Fridays from 8.30am - 6.30pm, except public holidays. Our phone lines are busiest in the morning. If you can’t get through when you first call, there may be an option to leave a message, or alternatively please try again later.
We hope to introduce online appointments bookings in the future aswell as on-line postal testing. Please check the website for updates on the progress with this.
Please walk-in to one of our clinics if you :
- Want to see a health care professional
- Need treatment
- Have symptoms
- Have had sex with someone with a confirmed STI/STD
- Would like safer sex advice or counselling
- Need contraception (family planning)
Book an appointment if you:
- Want to see a health care professional and you have no symptoms. This is only available at North Manchester Clinic, UHSM Withington Clinic (GUM & JARMAN), Choices, Central Youth & Partington Health Centre.
- Contraception procedures - LARC methods i.e IUS, IUD & Implant
For urgent concerns click here