Important Notice: Stockport Choices/Central Youth clinic CLOSED due to staff training Wednesday 19th December 2018 - 12.30 - 14.30. From Monday 3rd December 2018, Cheetham Hill will be BOOKED APPOINTMENTS ONLY on Thursday afternoons and evenings. Please refer to the 'Our Clinics' page for opening times or call 0161 202 8795 for advice/ bookings for Thursday sessions. All other sessions remain walk in. Clinic closures: Tuesday 18th December - all sites city wide are closed between 8am and 12pm. Hathersage, Forum, Cheetham and Withington will commence the afternoon walk in from 1pm. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please see our Notice Board for Christmas Opening Times for 2018. We are not running evening sessions, city wide, on Monday 24th December 2018 or Monday 31st December 2018. Thank you.
Sex & the law
Consent is a term used to describe both or all people involved in sexual activity giving their agreement to willingly participate in sex. This might include full penetrative sex, oral sex, or touching each other’s genitals or other “private” body parts.
Only people over the age of 16 are able to consent to sex.
Consent cannot take place when:
- An individual is incapable because of drink or drugs
- There is violence or threat of violence
- Someone is unlawfully detained
- Someone is deceived as to nature of activity
- Someone thinks the person they are having sex with is someone else
- Sexual activity is agreed to by a third person
- Someone is asleep or unconscious