Important Notice: Stockport Choices/Central Youth clinic CLOSED due to staff training Wednesday 19th December 2018 - 12.30 - 14.30. From Monday 3rd December 2018, Cheetham Hill will be BOOKED APPOINTMENTS ONLY on Thursday afternoons and evenings. Please refer to the 'Our Clinics' page for opening times or call 0161 202 8795 for advice/ bookings for Thursday sessions. All other sessions remain walk in. Clinic closures: Tuesday 18th December - all sites city wide are closed between 8am and 12pm. Hathersage, Forum, Cheetham and Withington will commence the afternoon walk in from 1pm. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please see our Notice Board for Christmas Opening Times for 2018. We are not running evening sessions, city wide, on Monday 24th December 2018 or Monday 31st December 2018. Thank you.
If you have been raped or sexually assaulted up to 10 days ago, you can take the following steps:
- Contact St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre on 24 hour helpline 0161 276 6515 and access our full range of services.
- If you are in danger it is important that you contact the police. If it is an emergency call 999 and if it is not an emergency, ring 111 and you will be put through to your local police service and they will take appropriate action. Alternatively, find a safe place to stay.
- If you need to escape a dangerous situation but have children or other responsibilities that prevent you from leaving please call St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre on 0161 276 6515 as they have links to other agencies that can help find you a safe place to stay. You can also call the police.
- If you have serious injuries you must seek immediate medical help.
Forensic medical examination
This will be offered to you if you have been assaulted within 7-10 days. Sometimes it may be helpful to have a forensic examination even if the assault happened longer than 10 days ago.
The examination is to look after your medical needs as well as collecting forensic evidence. Any samples taken are carefully collected, labelled and stored and can be used in court as evidence. You can stop the examination at any time.
You can report rape or sexual assault at any time after it has happened.
If you need support because of a rape or sexual assault in your past, here are some contacts.
- Domestic Violence Helpline
- Manchester Rape Crisis
- St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre
- Survivors Manchester
- Victim Support