BANK HOLIDAY NOTICE - EASTER 2019 All Northern clinics will be closed on Good Friday (19th April) and Easter Monday (22nd April). Online booking appointments will be released at 12pm for the next working day. Starting Saturday 3rd March 2019 We are opening ORANGE ROOMS – TAMESIDE CENTRE FOR SEXUAL HEALTH for an under 25s asymptomatic walk-in and wait clinic between 09:30 - 12:00 Please be aware that walk-in and wait clinics have limited space and operate on a first come, first served basis. Please see Our Clinics for further information
With effect from 01/03/2019 The Northern Sexual Health Clinic at North Manchester General Hospital will be operated on an appointment only basis. Please see Our Clinics for further information
If you have been raped or sexually assaulted up to 10 days ago, you can take the following steps:
- Contact St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre on 24 hour helpline 0161 276 6515 and access our full range of services.
- If you are in danger it is important that you contact the police. If it is an emergency call 999 and if it is not an emergency, ring 111 and you will be put through to your local police service and they will take appropriate action. Alternatively, find a safe place to stay.
- If you need to escape a dangerous situation but have children or other responsibilities that prevent you from leaving please call St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre on 0161 276 6515 as they have links to other agencies that can help find you a safe place to stay. You can also call the police.
- If you have serious injuries you must seek immediate medical help.
Forensic medical examination
This will be offered to you if you have been assaulted within 7-10 days. Sometimes it may be helpful to have a forensic examination even if the assault happened longer than 10 days ago.
The examination is to look after your medical needs as well as collecting forensic evidence. Any samples taken are carefully collected, labelled and stored and can be used in court as evidence. You can stop the examination at any time.
You can report rape or sexual assault at any time after it has happened.
If you need support because of a rape or sexual assault in your past, here are some contacts.
- Domestic Violence Helpline
- Manchester Rape Crisis
- St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre
- Survivors Manchester
- Victim Support