Dedicated PrEP Clinics
We are introducing dedicated clinics for people already accessing PrEP find out more here
Telephone IssuesOur main telephone line 701 1555 is experiencing issues please see Our Clinics for alternate contact numbers for local clinics
WE’VE LISTENED TO YOUR FEEDBACKFrom Monday 4th November 2019, we will release online booking slots at 8.30am. These slots will be for the following working day.
Alcohol & Drugs
Sex and alcohol and/or drugs can be a dangerous combination.
These are some of the dangers if you have sex while drunk or under the influence of drugs:
- Unaware of someone spiking your drink
- Forget to use a condom
- Not realise if someone is wearing a condom or if it breaks or slips off
- If you use another form of contraception, e.g. the pill, you may forget to take it
- Both alcohol and drugs can lower your inhibitions, which might make you more likely to do something you don’t really want to
- You may lose self-control, which could put you in a position where you may be more susceptible to sexual assault, including rape
- Have sexual activity that hurts you (you may be less sensitive to pain when drunk or high)
- Have sex with someone you wouldn’t usually choose to be with
- Inject drugs with a used needle, risking HIV infection and other blood-borne viruses