Clinic Cancelled TodayLocation: Wythenshawe Forum Clinic: Afternoon Walk-in clinic 12:30 - 14:30 Date: Thursday 27th February 2020 Please see Our Clinics for further information and alternative clinics
We offer pre-booked Contraception Appointments
Did you know that you can also telephone us for a contraception appointment?
If you are interested in a coil or implant, you can request a telephone counselling appointment.
Check the Our Clinics page for local clinic availability and contact details.
Alcohol & Drugs
Sex and alcohol and/or drugs can be a dangerous combination.
These are some of the dangers if you have sex while drunk or under the influence of drugs:
- Unaware of someone spiking your drink
- Forget to use a condom
- Not realise if someone is wearing a condom or if it breaks or slips off
- If you use another form of contraception, e.g. the pill, you may forget to take it
- Both alcohol and drugs can lower your inhibitions, which might make you more likely to do something you don’t really want to
- You may lose self-control, which could put you in a position where you may be more susceptible to sexual assault, including rape
- Have sexual activity that hurts you (you may be less sensitive to pain when drunk or high)
- Have sex with someone you wouldn’t usually choose to be with
- Inject drugs with a used needle, risking HIV infection and other blood-borne viruses