19/10/2021 We are experiencing delays to our home kit service. This means kits may take longer to reach you and some results may be delayed. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.
Contraception & Emergency Contraception
At present we are offering the following:
- Provision of oral contraception, and progesterone-only injections.
- Emergency and routine fitting of intrauterine contraceptive devices (IUCDs) and implants.
- Removal of IUCDs and implants due to complications.
- Exchange of IUCDs and implants approaching the end of the extended period of use.
The Faculty for Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare have produced a booklet of advice for women seeking contraception, abortion and other sexual and reproductive healthcare during the COVID-19 epidemic.
We offer a variety of contraceptive methods including:
- Emergency Contraception
- Intrauterine devices - Coils (IUD/IUS)
- Oral Contraceptives (The Pill)
- Contraceptive Injections
- Internal and External Condoms
For more information on contraceptive options visit Sexwise
To arrange a telephone appointment, book online for same day appointments (Online Booking)
Contraception Telephone Line
Pregnant and not sure what to do?
Deciding to have an abortion can be a difficult decision to make. Talking through the options with a doctor or nurse at a contraception and sexual health clinic can help you to reach your decision. Please see above for online or telephone booking.
Alternatively you can self-refer to the Central Booking Manchester for abortion counselling. You won’t have to wait long for a consultation – normally less than a week.
Central Booking Manchester: 0345 365 0565